Monday, February 2, 2009

The Letter

Ok... so I got this letter today. He wrote it on loose leaf paper with no return address. I guess he thinks I am the Great Karnak and I know where he is. My best guess is that he is hiding at mommy's house again. Locked into the middle bedroom where she turns a blind eye on his drug habit and his drinking. I have been with him nearly four years and for the past 3 he has been randomly relapsing -- though he did spend almost a year clean. At this point however, I do not know whether this is true or not. He left our apartment last Saturday night some time in the hour before I arrive home from work. He took almost nothing with him. This is not the first time this has happened and should I let him come back to me it certainly won't be the last! He has been leaving messages on my voicemail... he left with MY phone and no charger. I cannot get in touch with him nor know when he is calling to leave these messages. All of them are the same... " I miss you - I'm sorry - I am not relapsing... etc". The reason I am starting this blog is to try and make this the LAST time on my end. I do not want to live life this way and have a hard time abandoning someone I truly do care for and has legitimate mental health issues but I am dying here and I hate life. He feels he is justified to just disappear on a whim as long as he says he is sorry and acknowledges he left. This is unacceptable! No matter what the excuse! Even today -- with his letter dripping with that false sweetness... he asks "please write me back".. the crack head didn't leave a return address! I am sitting here baffled... I don't know how to handle this. If anyone cares to .. please comment with your thoughts. All are welcome : )

No comments:

Post a Comment